Main Menu
User Menu

Military history website

Pamětní kostel sv. Ducha v Javorci

Javorca Memorial Church / Spominska cerkev sv. Duha v Javorci

     
Název:
Name:
Pamětní kostel sv. Ducha v Javorci
Originální název:
Original Name:
Spominska cerkev sv. Duha v Javorci
Druh:
Type:
Památník
Obec:
Municipality:
Tolmin
Odkaz na stránky muzea:
Museum Website:
www.slovenia.info
GPS souřadnice:
GPS Coordinates:
46°14'04.31"N 13°43'11.20"E
Památky a muzea v okolí:
Places of Interest and Museums in the Vicinity:
Muzeum Botognice
Sabotinský mírový park
Datum revize údajů:
Date of the Last Revision:
01.04.2012
Poznámka:
Note:
-
Zdroje:
Sources:
www.slovenia.info

URL : https://www.valka.cz/Pametni-kostel-sv-Ducha-v-Javorci-t126508#428930Version : 0
MOD
Church of the holy Spirit stands on a rocky spur of the mountain plains Javorca. It was built for 1. world war members 3. mountain brigade 50. infantry division the austro-Hungarian army, who in this way wanted to honor the memory of their fallen comrades. In February 1916, therefore, among you have chosen the necessary funds and already 4. April was attended by the commander of the 3. mountain brigade colonel Tlaskala, the commander of the neighboring 15. mountain brigade colonel Koschaka and the commander of the 50. division of general Jeřábka solemnly laid the foundation stone.

The author of the project was one of the officers 3. mountain brigade, the viennese architect, painter, set designer and choreographer commander remigius has been Geyling (1878-1974), self-construction directed lieutenant Gejza Jablonský. All the craft work conducted by volunteers from the ranks of the soldiers. The church was completed 1. November 1916.

On the facade of the building is under a sundial with the Latin inscription PAX (PEACE) placed a double coat of arms of the austro-Hungarian monarchy. After the enclosing walls are between the windows painted coats of arms of various key countries, including of course the coat of arms of the Czech Kingdom. The internal walls of the art nouveau interior of the church are covered with fixed and hinged plates of oak wood (the original board came from ammunition boxes), on which are burnt the names of the 2 565 fallen soldiers and officers of all nationalities of the monarchy. About a fifth of these names is a Czech...

After 1. world war ii has taken this part of the slovenian territory to Italy. To protect the nearby border with Yugoslavia was in the thirties on the plain Javorca built a big concrete object standing fortifications and in the church of st. Spirit were held mass for the Italian border guards. After 2. world war I accounted for the territory of Yugoslavia, now belong to the independent Slovenia. In 1990 the church was declared a european cultural and historical monument.

Sources:
Josef Fučík, Marek Pavlík: Sočská front from 1915 to 1917 (Prague 2008)
Jozef Vričan: After the sunken footsteps of Czech soldiers (Olomouc, 2008).
Pamětní kostel sv. Ducha v Javorci - Výstavba kostela

Zdroj:
Jozef Vričan: Po zapadlých stopách českých vojáků (Olomouc 2008)

Výstavba kostela

Zdroj:
Jozef Vričan: Po zapadlých stopách českých vojáků (Olomouc 2008)

URL : https://www.valka.cz/Pametni-kostel-sv-Ducha-v-Javorci-t126508#428931Version : 0
MOD
The church of st. the Spirit of today:

Source:

Martin Marek
Miloš van Leeuwen
issuu.com.
URL : https://www.valka.cz/Pametni-kostel-sv-Ducha-v-Javorci-t126508#428932Version : 0
MOD
Source:
Martin Marek
Miloš van Leeuwen
issuu.com.
URL : https://www.valka.cz/Pametni-kostel-sv-Ducha-v-Javorci-t126508#428934Version : 0
MOD
Source:
Martin Marek
Miloš van Leeuwen
issuu.com.
URL : https://www.valka.cz/Pametni-kostel-sv-Ducha-v-Javorci-t126508#428935Version : 0
MOD
Source:
Martin Marek.
URL : https://www.valka.cz/Pametni-kostel-sv-Ducha-v-Javorci-t126508#428936Version : 0
MOD