Half-track vehicles, traditionally called "hakl" in Bohemia, appeared in the German army at the beginning of 1935. The chassis of the Hansa-Lloyd SdKfz. 11 (SondenKraftFarzeugh-special vehicle) half-track tractor proved to be the most suitable. According to General Guderian's specifications, the vehicles were to transport troops to the place of combat, from where they were to continue on their own. The reality, however, was that other soldiers were forced to fight directly from the vehicle as they had to advance along with the tanks.