Rappal Treaty between Germany and Soviet Russia signed on 16.4.1922, enabled both countries to emerge from international isolation and establish advantageous cooperation, especially economic, but also military. The secret part of the agreement dealt with cooperation between the general staffs of the German and Soviet armies. The most famous is the flight school in Lipetsk.
The following article describes the operation of the Junkers Jumo 004 aircraft jet engine. This is my translation of the original German manual from the end of period of World War II, which is accompanied by illustrative pictures.
Ever since the first heavier-than-air planes appeared and began to compete with the reigning airships, designers have been flirting with the idea of using heavier aircraft (the term aircraft includes all flying machines, heavier-than-air aircraft and lighter air aerostats) to carry lighter ones.
The emergence of jet aircraft engines at the end of the 1930s was accompanied by completely new problems, which their designers had to solve in the development of this hitherto little-known type of technology. One of the issues was to ensure continuous combustion of the air / fuel mixture at constant pressure with sufficient efficiency. Of course, such an engine, like a piston engine, had to be started in some way and, according to the Brayton cycle, its internal continuous processes had to be started, which, however, required special (and often more complex) procedures for the jet engine. The following text will describe how the designers of the first German jet engines, which were at the end of World War II, coped with this interesting problem. World War II in several jet aircraft deployed in combat.
The first raid of 99 RAF aircraft on the Ruhr took place on the night of May 16, 1940, and after the end of the "Battle of Britain", Germany became a very frequent target of night raids by British bombers. Initially completely unprepared, the Luftwaffe could only offer its fighters black aircraft paint and flame arresters for engine exhausts. It was not until September 1940 that AEG's "Spanner" infrared detectors began to be mounted on the bows of Bf 110 C and D fighters. They were able to capture the thermal radiation of the exhausts of the bomber engines at a distance of about 300 m and display them on a small screen in front of the pilot - the so-called "Q-Rohr" ...