Main Menu
User Menu

Military history website

Fort Matassone

Werk Matassone

     
Název:
Name:
Fort Matassone
Originální název:
Original Name:
Werk Matassone
Další názvy:
Other Names:
Feldmäßiger Stützpunkt Matassone
Obec:
Municipality:
Albaredo di Vallarsa
GPS souřadnice:
GPS Coordinates:
45°48'59.41"N 11°04'50.59"E
Fotografie nebo nákres:
Photo or Sketch:
Druh objektu:
Sort of Object:
pěchotní postavení
Typ objektu:
Type of Object:
polní pěchotní postavení
Vyšší pevnostní celek:
Upper Fortress Complex:
Pevnostní uzávěr Etsch-Arsa
Zahájení stavby:
Start of Construction:
DD.MM.1914
Dokončení stavby:
Completion of Construction:
DD.MM.1915
Výzbroj:
Armament:
2x 8cm kasematní kanon M-95
Posádka:
Crew:
150
Bojové využití:
Combat Use:
DD.MM.1915-DD.MM.1918
Současný stav:
Current Condition:
zřícenina
Přístupnost:
Accessibility:
volně přístupno
Poznámka:
Note:
-
Zdroje:
Sources:
Edmund Glaise von Horstenau – Der Österreich-Ungarns Letzter Krieg, 1914-1918 (Wien 1931)
www.trentinograndeguerra.it
www.fortificazioni.net
URL : https://www.valka.cz/Fort-Matassone-t126891#429641Version : 0
MOD
Instead of the planned fortu Werk Matassone, the construction of which was after the outbreak of the 1. world war ii lifted, built the austro-Hungarian sappers in the autumn of the year 1914 in the village of Matassone infantry foothold (fortified camp). It was wire obstacles surrounded by complex wing against walled connecting and shooting trenches, shelters and machine-gun nests, with a concrete object for two 8cm kasematní canons, which today is in the literature and on the maps referred to as Werk Mattasone. There was also a watchtower and station optical signaling, which ensured the connection with the fort Werk Valmorbia on the opposite side of the valley Vallarsa. The crew of the support point consisted of about 150 men.

In march 1915, the austrian command decided that the area of the Vallarsa cleaned out, and at the end of June 1915 withdrew the garrison into the field position before Roveretem. Foothold Matassone then occupied by the Italian army. In may of 1916 was launched the austro-Hungarian counter-offensive, in the course of acquired Austrians Matassone back. After the termination of the offensive gave way to the austro-Hungarian units on the better hájitelnou line Zugna Torta - Werk Valmorbia - Monte Pasubio and the village and a foothold once again left. You then remained in Italian hands until the end of the war...

Source:
Edmund Glaise von Horstenau – Der Österreich-Ungarns Letzter Krieg, 1914-1918 (Wien, 1931)
www.trentinograndeguerra.it
www.fortificazioni.net.
URL : https://www.valka.cz/Fort-Matassone-t126891#429643Version : 0
MOD